How much was turbo tax last year
Thank you for joining our community!
I would be glad to assist with your request on if last year’s tax information can be imported into the HRBlock software?
Yes, you can import from a TurboTax .pdf file into H&R Block Tax Software or a TurboTax .tax file to H&R Block Tax Software.
If you use:
TurboTax Online - TurboTax Online users are given the opportunity to save their online returns to a .pdf file. If the client still has their .pdf file they will be able to import into H&R Block Tax Software.
TurboTax Software - TurboTax Software returns are saved on your computer as a file with the extension .tax20XX (where XX is the year of the return ex. tax2012). Then you can import from a .tax20XX file to H&R Block Tax Software.
The steps for importing Turbo Tax Information; here are the instructions:
- Sign in to H&R Block Tax Software as a new user. Choose one of the following:
- Click the Start Without an Account Review license agreement and check the check-box agreeing to the terms and conditions. Click Next.
- Click the Create My Account Enter a username, password, security question, and e-mail
address. Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions of the license agreement. Click Create Account.
- On the Overview page, choose Start My Taxes to begin federal tax preparation.
- Select TurboTax under Online or
- Click Next.
- Click Browse.
- Browse to last year's file. (Generally, this file resides on your C:\ drive under My Documents. Look for the folder called TurboTax. Your tax return file will end with ".TAX2013" or ".PDF") Note: If the client's file has a .tax extension instead of .tax2013, have them right click on the file and rename the extension to .tax2013.
- Click Import File.
- If you have verified that incorrect information was brought into the return account, then you will need to edit the information manually as you proceed through the program.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: I do encourage all my customers who import information to verify the accuracy of the data that is automatically entered into the program. We care about the accuracy of your return!
If you have any questions and need our assistance, you can contact us at 1-800-HRBLOCK (1-800-472-5625) between the hours of 7:00am and 7:00pm CST, Monday-Friday, excluding major holidays.
I hope this information helpsSource: community.hrblock.com