EVENTS: Become a Certified SSC Green Auditor
Want to help organizations figure out how to “go green”? Have a passion for sustainability but no formal audit training? Join us for a 3-day training event and become a certified SSC Green Auditor! We’ll provide you with everything you need to successfully guide a client through a Green Audit.
Using SSC’s proprietary methodology and tools, you will learn how to:
- Determine employees’ attitudes and awareness about “going green”
- Calculate your client’s carbon footprint
- Assess your client’s environmental strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for improvement
- Provide relevant, cost-effective, and impactful green recommendations
After you complete the certification, you will:
- Walk away with a host of tactical tools (surveys, spreadsheets, calculators, report templates) to make green audits a simple, consistent process
- Get access to SSC’s collection of green recommendations and results (for example, show your clients how their carbon footprint compares to other similar organizations)
- Be authorized to use the SSC Green Audit methodology and tools to conduct your own client engagements, with licensing fees paid to SSC on a per-client basis
- Receive free support from SSC staff, to help when questions come up
- Be listed on the SSC website as a certified SSC Green Auditor,
and receive a “Certified SSC Green Auditor” logo to use on your own materials
- Receive preferential status when SSC contracts with local sustainability consultants
- Date: August 27-29, 2008 (next session is January 28-30, 2009)
- Location: Washington, DC (specific details to follow)
- Cost: $2,500 per person (discounts available for groups)
- Length of certification: 1-year (annual recertification optional)
Are you right for this certification program?
This program is designed for people with a strong working knowledge of environmental issues, who are looking for a green audit methodology that will provide clear, concise, and compelling results for their clients. You should be comfortable with concepts like (but not limited to) climate change, waste/recycling, water management, ISO 14001, and sustainability reporting. Participants have probably read The Ecology of Commerce and Natural Capitalism, and can confidently answer simple questions about “green” workplaces. To ensure only the highest quality SSC Green Auditors, we reserve the right to limit access to the certification program.
To learn more about the certification program, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us more about yourself. To register, go to our website at www.sustainabilityconsulting.com and go to our events page–click forward to August and choose “register now”.Source: sustainabilityconsulting.wordpress.com