Tax withheld calculator
What is the tax withheld calculator?
If you are an employer or another withholding payer, the tax withheld calculator helps you work out the tax you need to withhold from payments you make to employees and other workers.
To use the tax withheld calculator, you will need the information your employees or other workers supply in their:
There are two withholding calculators depending on your situation.
- If you make payments to employees and other workers, use the tax withheld for individuals calculator .
- If you have other workers, such as contractors, and they are under a voluntary
agreement, use the voluntary agreement calculator .
The tax withheld calculator takes into account the:
- income tax rates
- Medicare levy
- Temporary Budget Repair levy
- Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) contributions
- Trade Support Loan (TSL) contributions
- Student Financial Supplement Scheme (SFSS) contributions
- workers residency status
- tax-free threshold
- tax offset entitlements.
The online version of the tax withheld calculator is effective from 1 July 2015 and applies to payments made in the 2015–16 income year.
Last modified: 01 Jul 2015 QC 16944Source: www.ato.gov.au