How to laugh yourself slim: The 50 very unlikely - but medically proven - diet tips
Updated: 11:41 GMT, 13 July 2010
We all know that in order to lose weight we need to eat less and exercise more - but research suggests there are a few other tricks when it comes to shedding the pounds. From how acupuncture can help you lose an extra 10 lb in three months to why carrot juice should be part of any slimmer's daily diet, here we give a round up of the Top 50 diet tips…
Have a laugh: It's proven to burn off calories
1. To work out just how many calories you can eat daily, multiply your ideal body weight in pounds by 14.
2. People who have acupuncture once a week lose an extra 4.5 kg (10 lb) in three months. Applying needles at pressure points is thought to trigger electrical pulses that suppress appetite.
3. Sprinkle cinnamon into a yoghurt each day to burn fat. The spice is a powerful metabolism-raiser. Half a teaspoon a day is enough to burn an extra kilo a month.
4. Take lunch breaks away from your desk. You'll consume 250 fewer calories in a day than those who eat as they work.
5. Have a laugh. A good strong laugh for 10-15 minutes a day increases weekly energy consumption by up to
6. A glass of carrot juice a day will help you lose 4lb over 12 weeks compared with non-juice drinkers. It's high in fibre and nutrients that help burn blubber.
7. Take a calcium supplement. You'll lose 2.6 per cent more fat than those who don't.
8. To burn more calories, listen to music that builds in tempo during your workout. It'll help guard against fatigue.
9. Red meat can help you lose weight. It packs a lot of the proteins that help you maintain muscle mass - and muscle burns four times as many calories as fat.
10. Don't exercise alone. Train with friends and you'll lose a third more weight than if you go on your own. You'll maintain motivation by exercising socially, and benefit from mutual encouragement.
11. Eat red peppers. They contain capsaicin, the chemical that gives them their distinctive taste and which boosts your resting metabolic rate by 25 per cent.
12. Stress at work is the biggest cause of over-eating. Controlled breathing for two minutes, focusing on your diaphragm, will dampen hunger pangs.
13. Exercising first thing in the morning helps you to burn fat faster. You'll shed a kilo quicker than at any other time, as your body will be forced to tap into your fat reserves for energy.Source: www.dailymail.co.uk