Credit portal




Can I file back taxes for 2006?

how to file 2006 taxes

Posted October 1, 2011 12:43pm

Since you are the record owner and there was a foreclosure, there may have been what is called discharge of indebtedness income. This occurs when someone ends up not paying a mortgage that they entered into. The bank may have issued you a tax form showing this discharge and the taxing authorities are asserting this income to be yours. There are exceptions to this income such as insolvency or primary residence. Plus in your case you may be able to argue that you were just a straw party. But her is the problem: You must hire a tax attorney to make these legal arguments or else your credit will be impaired if it not has already been impaired. Get with a tax attorney immediately. Do this now!

LEGAL DISCLAIMER Mr. Fromm is licensed to practice law throughout the state of PA with offices in Philadelphia and Montgomery Counties. He is authorized to handle IRS matters throughout the United States. His phone number is 215-735-2336 or his email address is his website is and his blog is <> Mr. Fromm is ethically required to state that the response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. Also, there are no recognized legal specialties under Pennsylvania law. Any references to a trust, estate or

tax lawyer refer only to the fact that Mr. Fromm limits his practice to these areas of the law. These responses are only in the form of legal education and are intended to only provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that if known could significantly change the reply or make such reply unsuitable. Mr. Fromm strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to ensure proper advice is received. By using this site you understand and agree that there is no attorney client relationship or confidentiality between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in the subject area in your jurisdiction, who is familiar with your specific facts and all of the circumstances and with whom you have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question or omitted from the question. Circular 230 Disclaimer - Any information in this comment may not be used to eliminate or reduce penalties by the IRS or any other governmental agency.

Category: Taxes

Similar articles: