Credit portal




How To File 2008 Taxes in 2015

how to file 2008 taxes

Here’s how to get caught up on your late 2008 taxes

If you forgot to file your 2008 tax return, you should do so as soon as possible. Sure, it’s been 6 years since the tax filing deadline for that year, but you should still get caught up.

Here are two very good reasons reasons why:

  1. The IRS has up to 10 years to collect
  2. Late fees increase by the day if you owe tax from that year (the longer you wait, the worse the situation)

And an even better one:

  1. Uncle Sam is knocking at the door.

Before you get started. there’s something you must know: you won’t be able to e-file your 2008 taxes. In fact, the IRS shuts down the e-file system at the end of each tax season and that one was, well, a long time ago.

If I can’t e-file then how do I file?

With easy e-filing unavailable, it  means that after you have prepared your tax return and we’ve reviewed it you will need to download, print, and sign it before hopping over to the post office to mail it to the IRS or state.

So if you’re suddenly in a hurry to get that 2008 return out, you want to allow for some time ahead.

Follow these 7 Simple Steps

Here’s a convenient recap of how it works:

Get Started on your 2008 Tax Return Today

To prepare your 2008 tax return, create an account on PriorTax and enter your 2008 tax information.

If you need help along the way, the PriorTax support team is available by phone, chat and email.

Don’t put off filing any longer. Get it out of the way today. Bet you’re surprised you could even do it this late.

Category: Taxes

Similar articles: