How to file tax without ssn
11:52 am PST February 2, 2015
Thank for choosing Turbo tax and being a loyal customer.
I do apologize but to claim your wife on your taxes, she must have either one of these:
- Social Security number (SSN)
- Individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN)
12:42 pm PST February 2, 2015 Reply Thank you for contacting me back.
I have posted a link below that you might find helpful:
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me back.
Again, thank you for contacting Turbo Tax, and have a wonderful day!
- subhadip.ds 12:55 pm PST February 2, 2015 Reply
[If you do not yet have an ITIN, you can include the application in your tax filing. Follow these steps to apply for an ITIN and file your tax return:]
1. Complete IRS Form W-7.
2. Complete your federal and state tax returns using the number 999-88-9999 in place of a Social Security Number.
3. Print the tax returns and cross off the 999-88-9999 from the SSN field. Do not attempt to e-file your return.
4. Write "Applying for ITIN; Application attached" next to the SSN field.
5. Mail the signed federal return, the completed Form W-7, and all documentation required by the Form W-7 Instructions to the address specified in the Form W-7 Instructions. (Alternatively, you may choose to take all this information in-person to a local IRS office for processing.)
6. If you need to file a state tax return: Mail the signed state return and a copy of Form W-7 to your state's regular filing address.Source: ttlc.intuit.com