How to fill st-1 form?
Total Replies. 10
Ours is a software development company (private limited) and optionally we deal with human resouce consulting and corportate training as well. Regarding our business we have the following questions -
1. Whether is it required to file for service tax registration for our company?
2. We've registered office in Andhra Pradesh and development center in Bangalore, Karnatka. Is it required to mention Bangalore office details also in the ST-1 form? We'll do all our transactions w.r.t. registration office address only.
3. In ST-1 form, under section "4. Category of Registrant" there are two sub sections
(a)Person liable to pay service tax
(i) Service Provider
(ii) Service Recipient
(b) Other person/class of persons
(i) Input service distributor
(ii) Any provider of taxable service whose aggregate value of taxable service in a financial year exceeds
Which of the above options are applicable for our firm?
4. We're planning to apply for ImportExportCode (IEC) after obtaining the service tax number. While applying for IEC, we want to mention only our registered office address as it is the permanent premises and center location for all transactions. Pls. let us know whether Bangalore development center details also need to be mentioned.
Kindly provide answers question wise. Thanks in advance.
by Ashish Ranpara on 01 October 2011
YES Y0U HAVE TO TAKE SERVICE TAX NUMBER AND FILE SERVICE TAX RETURN IN YOUR REGISTER OFFICE AT ANDHRA PRADESH AND ALSO MENTION YOUR BRANCH OFFICE IN ST - 1 FORM,
Thanks for your reply. Since, we need to submit a copy of service tax number allotted letter while applying for IEC and if we don't mention the branch details in IEC application then will there be any issue with DGFT? Kindly clarify.
by pawan kumar jha on 17 January 2012
I am a chartered accountant in jamshedpur. one question arised ,while submitting ST-1 online.
i have a Private limited company client, having registered office in kolkata. its have a branch office in ranchi.his service is taxable. he want to take registration for Ranchi branch.now question is
1. in ST-1 Form. "identification of business requiring registration" head. i submitted address of the applicant head as kolkata address, as kolkata is registered office
while " address of premises for which registration is sought head" i submitted address as Address of ranchi, because we want registration in ranchi address.
whetther i am right, please give a expert commentSource: www.caclubindia.com