Credit portal




How to get max tax refund

how to get max tax refund

The easiest way to file your taxes yourself and to make sure you're getting back the maximum return is to do it online. I use every year. You & your spouse (common-law is legally spouse everywhere in Canada) can fill out the return together (or you do it all for both of you, using his T-4's) and ufile does the rest. It costs $25 for a couple.

Fill in the blank stuff, super-easy. The program decides who is to claim which deduction for maximum return. Takes care of all the math and points out discrepancies in your information so you can correct it. It's certified by Netfile. You can fill out all your information before you pay (in your own time, everything is saved on their secure website so you can add T-4's as you get them etc), only pay when you're sure you're done and then once you do you're given instructions on how to email (upload) it to the government.

I've been using their site for 3 years and have never had a problem. Try it out and see if you like it. You can even go to the

results page and see how much the refund changes with different deductions (rent, rrsp's, resp's. charitable donations etc)

ADD: He can claim you as a dependent because you are his spouse. Common law IS spouse, in Canada. You do still have to file a return though, even if your income is 0, in order to continue receiving the Child Tax Credit in your name.

Earned Income Credit is in the US.

It makes no difference to your return if you're married vs common-law. My husband and I were common-law for 13 years before we got married 2 years ago. I'm am a SAHM and he works.

If you were working you'd be able to claim child care, but you wouldn't get back everything you put into it. That's one of those things you really have to ask yourself if it's worth it. I worked for a few months one year and we were both making so little at the time it didn't affect our return, but if you make enough to bring your family up to the next tax bracket, you could pay for it.

RanaBanana · 8 years ago

Category: Taxes

Similar articles: