Credit portal




Information slips - T4 and other slips

how to get old tax forms

Slips are prepared by your employer, payer, or administrator. You should have received most of your slips and receipts by the end of February. However, T3, and T5013 slips do not have to be sent before the end of March.

If you have not received, or have lost or misplaced a slip for the current year. you have to ask your employer, or the issuer of the slip, for a copy.

You can obtain current year and prior year old age security (OAS), employment insurance (EI) and Canada Pension Plan (CPP) tax slips electronically. This secure service is found by visiting Service Canada .

The following is a list of some of the slips you may receive.

What if you do not have your slip?

If you have to file a return for 2014, file it on time even if some slips or receipts are missing.

If you know you will not be able to get a slip on time to file your return, or you do not receive them, attach a note to your paper return stating the payer's name and address, the type of income involved, and what you are doing to get the slip. Use your pay stubs or statements to estimate the income to report and any related deductions and credits you can claim. Attach the pay stubs or statements to your paper return. If you are filing electronically, keep all of your documents in case we ask to see them at a later date.

Obtaining a slip for prior years

Category: Taxes

Similar articles: