Credit portal





how to get service tax number

How to apply for service tax number online

by Amit K. Chhabria on 10 October 2012

Hi, I have joined a software firm as a consultant and need to apply for service tax number as required by consultants. Need to know the policies and application procedures for the same. Would appreciate all the expertise and assistance in applying. Contact id is Regards Amit Chhabria

by B.Chackrapani Warrier on 10 October 2012

1. log on to 2.Click on service tax. Click the button 'New Users Click here to Register with ACES'. 3. Fills in and submit the form Registration With ACES by furnishing a self chosen User ID and e-mail ID. 4. The system will generate password and will sent it to the given e-mail. 5 .The User then re-login & change the pasword. 6. Move with statutory registration with Service Tax by filling Form ST -1 by clicking the Reg link. The system will generate the registration number and request to go to AC/DC with hard copy. 7. That Assessee may be required to submit certain documents for verification. 8. After due processing a message will be sent to assessee & the R C will be sent to the given e mail. 9. Download RC and get it signed and sealed from the jurisdictional officer.

by RAMESH KUMAR VERMA on 10 October 2012

agreed. ACES system has a two step process for New Registrations a. First step is user registers with the ACES software online after selecting applicable Central Excise

Portal or Service Tax Portal from the website to become an ACES user. b. Second step is the user fills up appropriate registration form and becomes an Assessee. What is registration with ACES application and registration with Central Excise or Service Tax department? How do they differ? With a view to automate and facilitate transactions of the assessees with the department a web based software project called ACES is introduced. To transact business online all users have to first register with ACES. This registration is not a statutory registration as envisaged in Central Excise or Service Tax Act but only a registration with the system. To register with the Central Excise or Service Tax department you are required to submit statutory registration form such as A1, A2, A3, ST1 etc online. after fillup taking print out send it alongwith original PAN CARD. address proof etc to concerned authority.

by Amit K. Chhabria on 21 November 2012

Hi, Thanks for the above reverts. I did as advised and sent across the the PAN details and other relevant document along with the application more than 2 weeks ago via registered post and have been checking my aces account for any update. However there is no update on the same and am suppose to be on 2nd month of billing for professional services. How do I go about understanding if the application is accepted or rejected. Regards Amit Chhabria

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Category: Taxes

Similar articles: