How to talk to a person at the irs
The IRS phone system can be difficult to navigate and is some people's version of torture. We call the IRS a lot (mostly for non-Pronto clients who have tax problems) and we have by this time more or less figured out the fastest way to talk to a real person at the IRS. These are the steps we recommend you take to get through the Internal Revenue Service phone chain:
1. Call 1-800-829-1040 and, when prompted, Press 1 for English or 2 for Spanish
2. At next prompt, Press 2
3. Machine asks you to establish a PIN, ignore / don't do it
4. Press 1 for "Tax History"
5. Press 4 for "Other Questions"
6. Press 2 for "Other Questions"
7. If you are calling about a business / rental income matter, Press 1 at the next prompt -- in particular, if you are self-employed you may be required to go through this option because the
IRS reps are specially trained to deal with potentially more complex issues. If you are calling about a personal tax matter that is relatively simple, Press 2.
You will then be prompted to enter your Social Security number (or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number); do that now and then confirm that it's correct.
The IRS machine voice should then inform you of your approximate wait time.
And then, at last, the muzak will begin and you will be put on hold and queued up to talk to a real person--in due time.
Want Somone to Call the IRS on Your Behalf? Call Pronto Income Tax of California, Inc. at (310) 577 - 753 0 or (310) 549-5692. As Enrolled Agents (EA), we are licensed to represent taxpayers before the IRS regarding all sorts of income tax questions and problems. Our fees are very reasonable and we are well-experienced in finding a way through the IRS phone chain to talk to an actual HUMAN BEING!Source: www.pronto4tax.com