Credit portal




How to tax a car without v5

how to tax a car without v5

Quick question, I'm looking at a car without the V5 it only has a V62, can it be taxed on that, somebody said only trade can tax them on a V62 which is OK as my Dad is trade.

I can't really find a definitive answer on tinterweb.

Thanks - just over half-way down.

DirectGov said:

Taxing without a Registration Certificate or New Keeper Supplement

If you’re shown as the registered keeper of the vehicle on DVLA records, you can tax in person or by post at your nearest DVLA local office.

You’ll need to complete a V62 ‘Application for a Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C) which must be accompanied by £25 (fee for a duplicate Registration Certificate). Include this with

a completed V10 ‘Vehicle licence application’, MOT, insurance and payment for vehicle tax.

If your address has changed, you’ll need to provide your driving licence, original bank or building society statement or recent utility bill. If your name has changed, you need to provide your marriage certificate, decree nisi, decree absolute or deed poll.

If you’re not shown as the registered keeper on DVLA records you cannot tax the vehicle. You’ll need to apply for a Registration Certificate in your name. To get one, fill in form V62 ‘Application for a Vehicle Registration Certificate’ and post to DVLA, Swansea SA99 1DD. You may have to wait up to four weeks for a new certificate to arrive. In the meantime, you should keep your vehicle off the road.

Category: Taxes

Similar articles: