Tracking your refund or fixing a mistake
Once you’ve lodged your tax return, we will issue you a notice of assessment, which tells you if you're entitled to a refund or have a tax debt to pay.
If you have a myGov account linked to the ATO, your Notice of Assessment will be sent to your myGov Inbox. You will receive an email or SMS telling you when it’s there.
When will I get my refund?
Most refunds will be issued within 12 business days if you lodged online, or up to 50 business days if you lodged a paper return.
If you provided valid Australian bank account details in your return, your refund will be paid directly to your account.
You can check the progress of your return by logging in to your myGov account or downloading the ATO app .
How do I amend my tax return or fix a mistake?
If you think you made a mistake or forgot to include something in your 2015 return, you can amend it online using
your myGov account.
How quickly you can request an amendment online depends on how you lodged. If you lodged your tax return:
- with myTax, you can amend your tax return or fix mistakes straight away.
- with e-tax or a tax agent, you should be able to amend your tax return online within a few days.
- Request an amendment online External Link
- You'll need to select Tax > Income tax > View or amend returns
- If you lodged your tax return on paper, see:
- How to amend your 2015 tax return
Last modified: 30 Jun 2015 QC 32085Source: www.ato.gov.au