Credit portal




Tax forms where to get them

tax forms where to get them

ZH, please don't panic, trust me, this is easy to resolve, let's take this one step at a time.

Firstly, with respect to your business #, CRA would have that on record, if you are a sole proprietor, your SIN and business # are linked. You can contact CRA's general inquiries at 1-800-959-8281 and get the information on your business registration, etc. You could also called CRA's business inquiries at 1-800-959-5525.

Next step, are you a GST registrant? If so, make sure you remit any GST owed (with or without forms) to CRA by the required due date. If you made $3,000.00, then the most you could possibly owe on GST is $180.00 without any consideration of your imput tax credits. GST, unlike taxation, charges both penalties and interest on amounts owed, filing a GST return without a payment will still be subject to interest charges, no penalties though, it's something to consider. Refer to CRA's website on GST Returns at:

As far as missing GST forms go, you can contact 1-800-959-2221 to obtain the GST 62 forms you are required to complete, or go to CRA's website listed below for other options:

You mention that some documents were stolen from your garage, was it a break and enter? Do you have a police report of this occurrence?

I had this happen to me back in 1985, had a break and enter, all my paperwork and records were stolen, and I too, was self employed back then.

When it came time for filing, I still had my bank records (or could retrieve them in duplicate from the bank), and I submitted both a copy of the police report and copies of my bank statements from my business account to prove what I had made. With respect to my expenses, anything that didn't appear on my bank statement, I had my credit card send me copies of my credit card statements to show what purchases I made, which I sent copies to CRA indicating what I bought, etc. This information was sent attached to my T2124 which was included with my T1 General Income Tax Return.

I also had a refund due to me in that particular taxation year, and CRA cheerfully accepted all the paperwork that I had submitted to them, no questions asked.

I am certain that you can retrieve the information somewhere about your business activities, and I would strongly recommend paperfiling your 2006 Tax Return, just so everything is on record.

Trust me, it will be peace of mind down the road.

Hope this helps you.

taxgal2007 · 9 years ago

Category: Taxes

Similar articles: