Tips on how to be slim
Best Answer: Baking or boiling is recommended instead of frying.
Eat high-fiber foods.
Use sugar substitutes while sweetening foods and beverages.
Opt for light menus in restaurants, or purchase low-calorie or reduced-fat products at the grocery store.
Never skip meals. Eat three to six times a day in smaller portions to avoid getting hungry.
Use a smaller plate at mealtime to satisfy your psychological need to see a full plate.
Eat and chew slowly. Stop eating before you feel full. (It takes 20 minutes for the stomach to tell the brain that it is full!)
Weigh yourself on a regular schedule, but don’t become a slave to your scale.
Reward yourself with pleasures other than food--buy some new clothes, get a different hair style, see a movie, visit a friend, etc.
Ayurvedic tips to reduce Obesity Herbal Ayurvedic preparations to reduce obesity.
Very good exercises. Exercises like brisk walking, jogging, playing out door games etc help to reduce weight.
Physical and mental exertion. Exerting physically like doing house hold works, walking to distant places to bring groceries, vegetables etc, walking long distances to bring the child back from school, walking to working place, climbing stairs etc are types of physical exertion. Exerting physically as much as you can help to burn more calories. Mental exertion like worrying or involving in finding solutions to problems also restrict food consumption in some and there by reduces the intake of calories.
Having sex frequently is also a good physical exertion.
Consumption of honey. This is advisable for non diabetic patients. Consuming 2 tea spoon of honey with a glass of herbal tea which includes weight reducing herbs help a lot in weight reduction. Honey along with these herbs scrapes and dissolves the Kapha and medha (body fat).
Sleeping for less hours. Avoiding sleeping in afternoons help to increase the burning of calories. This avoids slowing of basal metabolic rate.
Avoiding the food and beverages which increase kapha and medha. The foods which increase kapha and medha are sweets, sweetened drinks. large quantities of carbohydrates and oily food.
Consuming wheat products than rice products help to reduce obesity.
Using Green gram and horse gram help in reduction of kapha and medha.
1. When you pass by a bakery, don’t walk in to get something to eat. If you’re truly hungry, eat a fruit. If you don’t have other options, get a wheat bread sandwich or a salad.
2. During office hours, keep eating every few hours. Stress can reduce your hunger pangs, so people don’t eat assuming
they’re not hungry. On the contrary, you should keep feeding your body every few hours. It has a double benefit. It keeps your metabolism up, and it helps to distract you from your work, so it reduces stress levels.
3. When you’re stressed, go for a run or play a sport. Its a great stress buster. Don’t eat. Or take your kids to the park and play with them.
4. When you’re not hungry, say no to food. Compulsive eating is big reason for obesity. People don’t know when to stop or how to stop till all the food in sight is over.
5. Instead of dessert, end your meals with a fruit. Its sweet so it satisfies your sweet tooth, and its good for you- because sugary desserts make you fat
6. When you see junk food, think of how long it will take you to burn it off, and you will not eat it. Read this to know how much exercise to burn chocolate cake calories.
7. If you see a plate of cookies, have one and move the plate out of sight. Simple trick to control your brain- ‘out of sight, out of mind’.
8. When you’re feeling down, go shop, or go for a walk, or call a friend. Don’t over-eat- it only makes you fat.
9. If you over-eat, then serve yourself 60% of your regular serving. Finish it, wait for 10 minutes, and then see if you really are hungry, or just greedy for more food.
And finally, the carnal eating habit to get fit:
10. Eat a good breakfast. It gives you energy, increases your metabolism and reduces your junk food binging.
Did you know that dark rooms tend to make you feel low, and also cause you to overeat And if you are one of those people who tend to eat more when they are unhappy, it's time to lighten up! Brighten your room, liven up the atmosphere - don't live in dingy surroundings. Add some cheer to your home! Bin those 60-watt bulbs and place 100-watt bulbs in your room.
Eat a heavy breakfast. Needless to say, 'heavy' does not include fried foods. Stick to corn flakes, brown toast, eggs and the like, and you will not feel so hungry at lunchtime. The best and healthiest way to go is to breakfast like a King, lunch like a Queen and dine like a pauper. If you're still confused, we'll translate for you: breakfast should be the heaviest meal of the day. Lunch should be lighter than breakfast, and dinner.Source: in.answers.yahoo.com