How To Make Your Hair Grow Longer Faster – 21 Tips To Read
Long, thick hair is a fantasy for many women. Long hair makes you look beautiful and feeds your dreams. But as time passes, you may feel as if your hair has lost its gorgeous look, volume and length. If this sounds like you, you may be wondering how to make your hair grow longer faster and get it back to its best state. If so, here are a few simple and natural home remedies that can help you solve your problem.
How to make your Hair grow Longer Faster
Hair normally grows around a quarter to half inch every month. However, growth depends on genetic factors. Here are few tips to know to make your hair grow longer.
Castor oil is rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids like omega-9. This promotes hair growth naturally. Follow the below instructions to apply this remedy:
- Massage your hair with castor oil before going to bed. Leave it on overnight and wash your hair next morning. You will find wonderful results. Do it once or twice a week.
- Castor oil is quite sticky. Mix an equal amount of castor oil with almond, coconut or olive oil. Massage your scalp with the mixture for 35 to 45 minutes. Then take a shower.
- You can also consider using eucalyptus, lavender, peppermint, thyme or rosemary oil with castor oil
Since the topic is growing your hair, a tip asking you to cut it may feel strange. But, trimming off dead ends result in better growth. Even experts agree that cutting split ends every 6 to 8 weeks helps in lustrous looking hair. You can trim 1/4 th of an inch off the end.
3. Flip Your Hair Upside Down
This is the easiest method of all. It involves flipping your hair upside down by flipping your head. Flip your hair for 2 to 4 minutes every day. Improves your blood circulation and helps in growth.
4. Massage Your Scalp
Massaging your scalp helps the hair to grow faster. You can follow below methods to massage:
- Heat up jojoba oil, coconut oil or olive oil and get a massage from one of your friends. Rub the oil through the scalp and leave it for some time. You will feel the difference. Your hair becomes much softer, longer and thicker.
- You can also massage your scalp using warm oil. Gently rubbing the oil on your scalp helps to increase blood flow and hair follicles get stimulated. Rub your fingers in a circular motion for 3 to 5 minutes. Rinse your hair using shampoo. Massage your hair once weekly. You can also massage using a deep conditioning hair mask.
- Prepare a massaging mixture using one yolk of an egg, one tablespoon of honey, a tablespoon of Vodka and a tablespoon of linen oil (or extra virgin olive oil). Massage into the roots and through the length of your hair. Leave it for 30 minutes. You can wear a shower cap or wrap a towel around your head. Then wash your hair and condition it as usual. You can follow this regime regularly, may be once in a week, once in two weeks or once monthly. Results are evident soon after the wash. You will be astonished.
- Apply grape-seed oil and massage the scalp every night. If your hair becomes oily, you can do it twice or thrice a week. This gives best results. Hair growth increases enormously.
5. Balanced Diet
Healthy hair needs a healthy diet. Check if your diet includes vital proteins and vitamins. Make sure your food contains copper, magnesium, zinc, selenium and iron. Vitamins A, B, C and E are necessary. Vitamin B is more important for your hair growth. Omega – 3 fatty acids are also essential, as about 3 % of the hair shaft is made of omega–3 fatty acids.
- Diet including bell peppers, milk, cheese, yogurt, eggs, chicken, whole grains, salmon, spinach, broccoli, grapefruit, avocado, cabbage, parsley, alfalfa, brown bread and oats help you in growing long hair.
- Drink fresh fruit and vegetable juices like grapefruit, orange, lettuce, beet and carrot juices.
- Foods that are rich in omega–3 fatty acids are beans, winter squash, olive oil, fish and flax seeds.
- Lean proteins like eggs, soy products, turkey, fish, nuts and beans promote keratin production. This is vital for hair growth as keratin is the building block of the hair.
Avoid junk foods and focus on protein rich foods.
6. Use Egg Mask
Eggs are rich in protein and they also contain sulfur, zinc, phosphorous, selenium and zinc. These are vital components for hair growth.
- Applying egg white to the hair helps replenish and stimulates growth. Crack the egg and set aside the yellow part; use only the white portion. Results are evident instantly as your hair looks ten times healthier and stronger. Ultimately, this results in fast hair growth.
- Take mixture of egg yolks and extra-virgin olive oil, apply to the scalp. Leave it for 10 to 20 minutes. Wash your hair with cold water then shampoo it.
- Mix few drops of lavender oil and four tablespoons of grape-seed oil along with the whisked egg. Now apply it on your scalp and hair. Leave it for half an hour then rinse your hair.
- Or, whisk an egg, add two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, and squeeze half of a lemon. Apply this mixture on the scalp. Allow it to work for 20 to 30 minutes. Later you can wash the hair and shampoo it.
7. Aloe Vera
- Mix honey with the flesh of three leaves of Aloe Vera. Apply the mixture over the scalp. Allow it to work for 20 minutes. Rinse your hair using shampoo then condition it. This is one of the best home remedies to promote healthy and longer hair.
- Squeeze fresh aloe leaves, add egg and mix some brandy together. Leave it for an hour. Rinse using your regular shampoo and apply conditioner. You will have significantly long hair within a short span.
8. Drink Water
Water flushes out toxins from the body. Drinking plenty of water is an easy and natural
method. Your body requires at least 8 cups of water per day. This not only keeps your body hydrated but also your hair. Dry hair tends to break easily. Hydrated hair looks healthy and grows fast.
9. Brushing Your Hair
Don’t brush your hair too much. Brush it once or twice in the morning and once or twice at night. Brushing improves blood circulation in the scalp. It feeds the hair follicle and stimulates growth. Use a wide-toothed comb. However, do not brush when your hair is wet; it may cause breakage.
10. Stay Stress Free
Stress is one of the vital factors that affects hair growth. Stress disrupts the normal hair cycle and causes it to enter the fall-out phase (also termed telogen). You can meditate, use relaxation techniques or practice yoga and breathing exercises to become stress free. Additionally, be sure you have adequate sleep as growth hormone is released during sleep.
There are many reasons for stress, such as emotional isolation, or death or departure of loved one. These factors put the body in survival mode. In this mode, the body produces only things necessary for survival, and hair production is halted.
11. Do Not Blow Dry Often
This is one of the common mistakes committed by most of us: blow-drying hair every day. If you want your hair to be healthy and grow fast, avoid blow-drying very often. Blow-drying makes your hair dry and easily prone to breakage. Reduce this practice gradually – say, if you are doing it daily, switch to four times a week (however, even this is too much). In the long run, you can learn to keep it minimal.
12. Potato Water
Potato water is rich in vitamins. Vitamin B, Vitamin A and Vitamin C are crucial for hair growth. You can simply rinse your hair in potato water to gain multivitamins.
13. Massage Your Scalp Every Time You Rinse Your Hair
Massage your scalp gently before shampooing your hair for 1 to 2 minutes. Use your fingers in circular motion to push and move the skin. This increases the blood flow in your scalp and it stimulates faster hair growth. Then shampoo your hair. You will feel pleasant.
14. Potato Hair Mask
Take two fresh big potatoes and juice them. Add one egg yolk and a tablespoon of raw honey. Apply this mixture on the hair, especially on the scalp (roots). Leave it for half an hour then shampoo it. This is a most effective natural mask.
Note: You can do a hair mask using onion juice, but it smells horrendous and the smell stays for weeks, even after shampooing. However, onion juice makes your skin smooth and promotes quick growth.
15. Hair Care During Night
You may wonder how to take care of hair while sleeping. It is simple. Do not wear a tight ponytail or tight braid while sleeping, as this results in hair breakage. Additionally, under pressure, hair growth is minimal. Tie a loose ponytail and use a silk pillow instead of cotton. A silk pillow does not cause friction and caters to hair growth. Moreover, a silk pillow reduces facial wrinkles. Silk can do wonders – try this, it definitely works.
16. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a cleansing agent. It removes dirt, filth and pollution accumulated on your hair. Add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar into a little water. Use this for your final rinse, after you have shampooed and applied your usual conditioner. If you are not comfortable with the odor of vinegar, you can add scented essential oils as desired, for instance, rose oil.
This makes your hair softer, silkier and healthier. Removal of dirt naturally boosts hair growth.
You can also add lemon juice with water instead of apple cider vinegar.
17. Rose Water
You can use rose water spray after shampooing your hair. Gently massage the scalp in circular motions. Then apply your regular conditioner avoiding the roots. Leave it for some time. Wash using lukewarm water. This is as good as apple cider vinegar. It results in stronger, healthier and shinier hair.
18. Tomato And Olive Oil
Blend a tomato with a tablespoon of olive oil. Heat the mixture until it is warm. Apply it on the scalp and leave it for some time. This increases your hair growth.
Note: You can also add Aloe Vera to the above mixture for best results.
19. Herbal Treatment
Herbs like horsetail, burdock, catnip, rosemary and nettle stimulate hair growth. Further, the polyphenol and anti-inflammatory properties of green tea also help hair growth. You can follow the below tips for herbal treatment:
- Mix herbal infusions or essential oils with your shampoo. Then shampoo your hair as usual and apply conditioner.
- You can drink herbal teas. It is helpful to your hair growth and beneficial to your health as well.
- Soak any of the above herbs in hot water for 10 to 20 minutes. Use this for the final rinse after shampooing and applying conditioner. It makes your hair healthy, stronger and shinier.
These are simple home-based remedies. Let us now see some of the store-bought products readily available to enable hair growth:
Using Biotin water soluble Vitamin B helps to increase hair growth and nail growth. It is advised to use 300 mcg.
Methylsulfonylmethane or MSM speeds growth and slows down the shedding. Some plant species also contain MSM. It repairs tissue and builds collagen.
I hope I have answered your questions about how to make your hair grow faster and longer. If you have found it useful and wish to express a response, please drop a note in the comments section. Let us all know the secret of your beautiful long hair.Related Project
- How To Get Rid Of An Oily Face?
How Long Do Lip Injections Last?
Top 5 Best Makeup Brush Brands
How To Use Coconut Oil For Skin – 19 Beauty Tips You Must Know
How To Get Rid Of Whiteheads On Nose?
How to Choose the Best Eyeshadow Palette