What Do I Need to Bring to My CPA or AccountantDespite helping people in my life with their taxes I use an Accountant. There are a couple reasons why I use one:
- The Wife is Self Employed complicating our situation a bit
- I have self employment income which is growing
- After our meeting with our CPA I don’t feel the stress I did when I did my own taxes Pre-The Wife
- Lastly and most importantly, if something goes wrong I want to be able to call someone
Since my meeting is on Monday it is time to figure out what I need to bring when I meet my cpa to do my taxes. I am going to provide a lot of detail because I hope to use this list in the future and it gives real insight into how I operate my financial life.
Meeting with Accountant What Do I Need?
IncomeWhile I have one, The WIfe has two she works and is a fantastic and attentive mom.
- My Main Job’s W-2
- The Wife’s 1099
In 2010 I had two main side hustles going on. In 2011 I will have a third that has already been more profitable than I could have ever imagined.I know the investments may seem overly-complicated, but I swear I can keep track of them since they each represent a different bucket. While The Wife contributed to her Roth IRA, I did not contribute to my Traditional IRA (only my 401(k)) this
year so that is why there are no qualified accounts represented.
- I have been using Sharebuilder for my Perpetual Income Machine
- I used to use TradeKing when I was involved in the idea of covered calls (not against it now, just focused energy on something else)
- My Annoying Prosper Account which I have been forced to abandon still is holding double digit notes.
- The Wife owns a few Disney Shares (yes literally a few) so we get the 1099-Div for it and laugh about how small the check is
- Much more significant than the Disney Shares The Wife has a mutual fund account that is very conservative that was set up for her by her Grandparents. I have taken over the account since I am registered/licensed to do so, but I won’t touch it out of the safe safe safe funds they are in because that is what her Grandparents wanted
- My Sole Bank Account
- The Wife’s Sole Bank Account
- All of our cash savings is kept at ING. I LOVE ING .
- Our Mortgage company pays our property taxes for us so there is a correlating escrow account that I get interest on